No matter what you call a living room - den, family room or even a keeping room, it is one room beside the kitchen which is for both family and company. And we’re sure you might want that room to be pleasant and welcoming. Well, this article highlights the ways you can create a well-decorated living room that will impress everyone who steps in. One of the most preferred decors is a formal living room.
The primary purpose of a formal living room is to make everyone in the room comfortable for a gathering; thus, everything from the formal living room furniture to flooring, decor, and electronics should be chosen wisely. An informal living room has everything that pleases every member of the family so it may have swings, musical instruments bean bags, funky decorative accents, bright colors - something like multipurpose space for family and not at all formal. Thus, selecting the best living room furniture that exhibits a formal and sophisticated vibe is very important.
Decor and furnishings for formal living room represent the height of elegance. It can feature several things, including majestic artwork, plush couches, and gold decor. Here are some tips:
- You can create a gallery exhibit on the mantle by facing lamps to your favorite photo frames and illustrations.
- Place armchairs and couches in a circle around the coffee table.
- Strategically place nude-colored chattels and plant pots to add a pop of brightness.
- Use an interestingly shaped coffee table - a hexagonal-shaped or a multi-layered table.
- Set up an all-glass coffee table on a rug along with velvet couches placed opposite to each other.
- A black and white living room with blue decorative pillows and vases would appear subtle
- For a luxurious look, you can opt an all-white sideboard with gold handles.
- An ornate gold mirror will add a regal element to your formal living room.
- Instead of regular couches, pair wingback chairs with antique coffee table.
- Living rooms with high ceilings can be furnished with a large painting and a low-hanging chandelier.
- Gray and green are one of the most beautiful color schemes for a formal living space. One way is to pair muted grey armchairs with plants and flowers.
A formal living room can be converted into a home office as well. Many Americans, today, choose to work from home. Some have to complete their unfinished work at home. So if space is small and narrow, opt for furniture that provides extra storage for your files and books. You can even convert the formal living space into a library with wall shelves to give it a contemporary look.
There are several vibes that people want to give off by their living room, and the key to that is to know what you don’t want and how to approach what you want. A comprehensive range of formal living room furniture can be found at Selectfurniturestore. Our models are from top-quality brands and can suit the needs and budget of every type.